The Wayne Newton estate went on the market Friday, in the wake of a Las Vegas developer CDC suing the singer on charges he breached a $20 million contract to convert his property into a Dollywood-style theme park, according to Law360.
Fox5 Las Vegas reports a large "for sale" sign on the 37.8-acre Wayne Newton estate.
Newton denied there was any substance to the sale of his Casa de Shenandoah estate in Las Vegas.
"This is laughable," Newton told Fox. "CSD, a company that my wife and I partly own, has allowed a for sale sign to be placed on the property. However, what that sign does not say is that, unless my family and I (and only my family and I) decide to move, we will continue to live in our three homes on the property for at least the rest of our lives and no potential sale will change that fact."
But the Las Vegas Review-Journal reports that U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Bruce Markell approved the sale of the Wayne Newton estate earlier this month.
The conditions for the sale require buyers to put down a cash deposit of 5 percent of the total value they are offering. If the right buyer doe not emerge, a bankruptcy auction will be held on Friday, May 31, with pre-bidding starting two weeks earlier.
Wayne Newton and his wife Kathleen have appealed Judge Markell's sale order.
They are demanding that the leases of all three properties on the estate are honored and that Newton's Arabian horses are allowed to continue grazing on the estate.
The judge said that selling the property with such a set of demands would be "challenging" for Newton and his wife.
CSD has filed actions to terminate the leases on the three properties on the Wayne Newton Estate, force the singer off the property he has owned since the 1960s and relocate his Arabian horses.