Five Fun Facts About miss A Suzy, The Actress
By Joan MacDonald | May 07, 2013 11:17 PM EDT
Suzy, the star of the popular drama "Gu Family Book," is contributing a song to the show's soundtrack. But it's not the first time that the actress, born Bae Su Ji, has both performed in a drama and sung on the OST.
Like Us on Facebook
Suzy also sang "Winter Child" and "Dream High" for the soundtrack of the drama "Dream High," in which she played Go Hye Mi.
Besides appearing in "Dream High," Suzy played the roles of Jang Ma Ri in the drama "Big" and Young Sang Yeon in the movie "Architecture 101."
Here are a few more things you may or may not know about her.
1. Suzy auditioned for the 2009 Mnet Superstar K, but she did not get far. She made it through a preliminary round before she was eliminated. But a talent agent noticed her and scouted her. As a result, she became a trainee at JYP Entertainment, and eventually the youngest member of the girl group, miss A.
2. She is studying Mandarin and at any given time several Chinese textbooks may litter her room.
3. She is uncomfortable in her own body, not that you would notice from her glamorous portrayal in advertisements and commercials. Suzy worries she is growing too fast. Although she is only slightly over 5 ft., 5 in., her feet are the equivalent of an American size 9 or European size 39. That makes it hard to find high heels in Korea. She also worries about gaining weight, although she is only 103 pounds. Suzy stays in shape by doing yoga every day, and as a bonus, her workouts have given her the strongest arm muscles of any member of miss A. When it comes to arm wrestling, she wins over any of her band mates.
Suzy is not satisfied with her face either. She doesn't like her forehead, which she thinks is too wide. And she had her front teeth bonded because she thought the gap made them look like bunny teeth.
4. Suzy is devoted to her parents, her sister and brother. She spent some of the money she earned on her parents. She helped them open a coffee shop called Caffe Soo in Kwanju.
5. When she was living in the dorm rooms with miss A, Suzy always had the largest number of stuffed animals but that may be because she could not own a pet of her own. She is allergic to cats.
Know any fun facts about Suzy that you would like to share? Let us know.
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Tagged : Suzy Bae
Latest Photo Gallery
Endorsement 03.07.14 | 05:02PM EST
Profile Of A K-Pop Fan: 17-Year-Old Girls' Generation Facebook Fan Page Creator Le Thuc Chung Of Vietnam On Why He Loves SNSD
In the one month since he started a Girls' Generation fan page on Facebook, Chung has already received over 2,000 likes.
Is JYP Entertainment still a part of the "Big 3"? Are they one of the three most prominent music entertainment companies in Korea? Not anymore, at least according to the data presented.