News / Headlines / Breaking News

Park Si Hoo Not Banned Following Rape Scandal, KBS Execs Say: Star's Return To Network Even After His Charges Are Dropped Still 'Up In The Air'

By Jesse Lent | May 16, 2013 06:43 PM EDT

Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) executives have not banned actor Park Shi Hoo from the network in the wake of sexual assault charges, but they are not sure he will ever appear on the air again.
(Photo : Facebook)

Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) executives have not banned actor Park Shi Hoo from the network in the wake of sexual assault charges, but they are not sure he will ever appear on the air again.

The statement was prompted when the network released a list of their banned performers and Park Si Hoo wasn't on it.

Like Us on Facebook

"Park Si Hoo was not included on the most recent list of names banned from KBS broadcast," A network representative told the website allkpop.

"It's because his case was dropped and the investigations have come to a close. Because of this, he's not included on the ban list."

Park Shi Hoo's charges stem from an incident on February 15, where a 22-year-old entertainer alleged the "Cheongdamdong Alice" actor got her drunk and raped her, the publication Channel News Asia reports.

Last week, South Korean authorities announced the victim had decided to drop the charges.

At an April 2 press conference, Yoon Tae Bong of the Seoul Seobu Police had stressed just how serious those charges were.

"We have charged without detention Park Si Hoo with quasi-rape and sexual battery...and have forwarded the case to the prosecution," Yoon said.

"[The victim's] statement is consistent and also matches with the video footage from the neighborhood. This is a decision that has been made after analyzing everything presented in the case."

At the time, one of Park Si Hoo's attorneys claimed that the police weren't respecting their right to a fair trial.

"Seobu Police is acting as if they are the lawyers of [the victim], rather than a neutral investigative unit, revealing things that are disadvantageous to Park Si Hoo, and providing the media with this information," the star's lawyer said.

"[They] have thus trampled on the fundamental basics of innocent until proven guilty."

Park Shi Hoo maintained throughout the scandal that the sex was consensual and that he was innocent.

"I will reveal the truth," he said repeatedly through the legal proceedings.

But a lawyer from the law firm Purme, that represented Park Shi Hoo says fans shouldn't expect a statement about the out-of-court settlement.

"We can't release any statements about this case," the attorney told the website allkpop.

"The representative lawyers are all refraining from commenting about Park Si Hoo. Park Si Hoo will also not be having a press conference nor making any official statements."

Yet one friend of Park Si Hoo wasn't afraid to speak their mind.

"He's been wrongly accused about many things," the source said.

"If there is something he did do wrong, he'd take responsibility, but on things he has been wrongly accused of, he feels the situation is unjust. Once the investigation is over, he's planning to hold an official event to reveal everything."

The victim's lawyer has also refused to discuss their client's settlement.

It's true that she has dropped her charges, but we cannot reveal the reason," the attorney said.

 

Featured Video : 'K-Pop Star' Michelle Lee Debut

Tagged :  KBS, Park Shi Hoo

Featured

KpopStarz Is Looking For Enthusiastic Entertainment Contributors Reach Millions On The Web
Real Time Analytics