Shaquille O’ Neal’s Alleged Mistress Loses In Court: Judge Calls Her A ‘Dirty Liar’ And Says She Also Lied About Legal History With NBA Star Kenyon Martin
By Staff Writer | June 03, 2013 06:02 PM EDT
Shaquille O' Neal dodged a bullet in court today after the lawsuit filed by an alleged ex-mistress who claimed the NBA star harassed her following their breakup was dismissed, according to TMZ.
Like Us on Facebook
The Florida judge called Vanessa Lopez, the alleged mistress, a "dirty liar" and said there's proof she lied about her legal history with NBA star Kenyon Martin, who accused her of stealing his credit cards and spending thousands of dollars.
"[Lopez] lied often. She lied about facts important to the defense, and she demonstrated an utter disrespect for the system of justice," the judge said, according to TMZ.
TMZ also reports that Lopez claimed she "did not know of" any previous restraining orders that had been issued against her, when there were official records showing she was hit with one stemming from a case involving an ex-boyfriend.
Earlier this year, Lopez's attorneys abandoned her case following her statement on the alleged scandal.
According to TMZ, the judge dismissed the case on the basis of fraud on the court with prejudice.
Lopez claimed that she had been in an affair with Shaq for over five years. She originally filed her lawsuit in 2010, saying that the basketball star was trying to defame her and launch a campaign designed to deter her image.
Lopez was also hit with a restraining order from Shaq last April, after she spread rumors that he was cyber stalking her and threatening her. She was seeking punitive damages from the case, vying for charges of racketeering, invasion of privacy and intentional inflection of emotional distress, according to The Hollywood Gossip.
© 2015 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Tagged : world news
Latest Photo Gallery
Concert / Event 06.29.15 | 11:50AM EDT
The jam-packed July 6 event will celebrate the new album release and the group's 5th anniversary since their debut.
Comeback / Teaser / Music Video 06.29.15 | 11:48AM EDT
The seven-member JYP Entertainment boy group has released two teaser images as they get ready to return with their third mini-album "Just Right."
Comeback / Teaser / Music Video 06.29.15 | 08:49AM EDT
The track list poster also revealed that G-Dragon and rapper member T.O.P were heavily involved in creating the July tracks.
Comeback / Teaser / Music Video 06.29.15 | 08:41AM EDT
SM Entertainment said the popular girl group already finished filming their comeback music video in Thailand.