Top 10 Best Kpop Girl Groups
By Staff Writer | June 08, 2013 04:50 PM EDT
Every Kpop fan has their favorite group, and for those who are really very familiar with Kpop, they even have favorite groups in each genre. Here's a fun list of Top 10 Kpop groups based on popularity of recent performance.
Like Us on Facebook
10. SECRET managed by TS Entertainment made it to the Top 10 due to their recent comeback. From being cute they transformed themselves to sexy goddesses and made a catchy impression.
9. Brown Eyed Girls Compared to the average age of a typical girl group member, Brown Eyed Girls are more the big-sister girl idols. But they remain unfettered by negative comments, and has proven time and again that sexiness is not defined by consistently fierce performances, and not by age.
8. 4MINUTE quickly rose to the charts as they kept pushing the Kpop envelope making hot issues and making sure that Kpop fans will never have to ask them "What's your name?".
7. Wonder Girls made the girl group idol phenomenon what it is, as they pushed the Hallyu wave overseas with "Nobody" from years ago. While out of the limelight due to solo pursuits, these girls are not yet nobodies. Need proof? Their single, "Tell Me" has recenltly been crowned the best Kpop idol track of all time. Well-deserved.
6. Miss A, following Wonder Girls' footstep while making their own mark makes it ahead at the sixth spot. It surely does help that their music is catchy, and of course the fact that the "nation's first love" is part of the team. Adding to that, the nation's first love has power vocals.
5. f(x) has the competitive formula. Rising to the front of the Kpop girl group leadership status, f(x) has been attracting international attention, recently being featured in SXSW and also collaborating with Anna Kendrick's video humor website 'Funny or Die'
4.KARA Definitely knows how to stay relevant. Way over and past the scandals that plagued them against their management company and moving on to better things and to become better artists, KARA remains to be a permanent face of Kpop for international fans.
3.SISTAR is a KPop girl group in rapid ascent. With their sultry steps and dominant vocals, they are out there to make their solid mark in Kpop as well. They will be coming back soon with "Give It To Me".
2. 2NE1 is comfortable and secure at number 2. With their expected world-class performances and much anticipated comebacks whether solo or as a group, these four women can surely dominate.
1. Girls' Generation. You expected them to be in this position, didn't you? There is no other spot for these 9 girls but #1. They are very active in the scene with their solo endorsements, dramas, musicals and now an upcoming world tour. Kpop is definitely in a girls' generation.
Who else do you think should be in this list?
© 2015 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Exclusive 03.03.15 | 03:00PM EST
Profile Of A K-Pop Fan: Why EXO's ‘Black Pearl’ Is As Good As It Gets For For Alabama High School Student Jelanie Albino
“EXO is so talented, they can sing any song with their powerful voices,” says 16-year-old Alabama K-pop fan Jelanie Albino.
Weekly Wrap Up 03.03.15 | 08:59AM EST
February saw a lot of new K-pop releases, some of which are making charts in Korea but not getting a lot of love overseas. Here are some can't-miss songs from Naul, Kris Leone, Block B's Zico, Lee Jin Ah, and more.
Issues 03.02.15 | 02:16PM EST
The K-pop trainee lifestyle and working conditions in the Korean music industry have come under fire once again after a high profile suicide involving Ahn Sojin, a member of Baby Kara.
Weekly Wrap Up 03.01.15 | 03:55PM EST
K-pop acts 15&, SAM, and Global Icon all made comebacks in February with their third single releases. Is the third time really the charm? Check the songs out here and decide for yourself.