Comic-Con Preview 2013: MTV Announces ‘Teen Wolf’ Panel, ‘Game Of Thrones’ And ‘The Walking Dead’ Confirmed, Check Out Lineup Here
By Staff Writer | June 25, 2013 01:19 PM EDT
Comic-Con 2013 is rapidly approaching, and that means the lineup for the annual San Diego international convention for comic, movie and sci-fi fans is coming together.
As the July 18-21 Comic-Con event gets closer, studios like Warner Bros. Television and 20th Television and networks like ABC, Starz and HBO have begun releasing their panel lineups, the Hollywood Reporter states.
Like Us on Facebook
Some examples are panels for hit shows AMC's "The Walking Dead," HBO's "Game of Thrones," and ABC's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
MTV reported yesterday that it will cover a "Teen Wolf" panel featuring actors from the popular cable show. MTV will also set up a "Guy Code" panel featuring live performances and a taping for a TV special called "Guy Code Honors."
In addition, the music television network will hold "MTV Presents: Creator Pitch Live!" a pitch competition between three top comic book creators.
Comic-Con International: San Diego, as the event is officially known, was started in 1970 to raise money for a larger convention, which was eventually attended by Ray Bradbury, Jack Kirby and A.E. van Vogt, according to the Comic-Con official website.
Now, Comic-Con has grown to include over 130,000 attendees and several satellite locations. It brings "comic creators, science fiction and fantasy authors, film and television directors, producers, writers, and creators from all aspects of the popular arts together with their fans for a fun and often times candid discussion of various art forms," the site reads.
More information about attending the convention can be found on the Comic-Con official website.
Check out the list of panels at Comic-Con 2013 thus far below, courtesy of Lesley Goldberg at The Hollywood Reporter.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 17
Pilot screenings: Almost Human (Fox), The Originals (CW), The Tomorrow People (CW), The 100 (CW)
THURSDAY, JULY 18
- Hannibal (NBC): Panelists include Bryan Fuller, Hugh Dancy, David Slade and Martha De Laurentiis doing a Q&A after a sizzle reel of season one footage. 6:45 p.m.
- Murder Police (Fox): Panelists include creators David Goodman and Jason Ruiz, as well as voice talent Will Sasso, Chi McBride, Peter Atencio and Justina Machado.
- Black Sails (Starz): The pilot for the Michael Bay pirate drama will be screened (no panel).
- MAD (Cartoon Network): Panel with producers Kevin Shinick and Mark Marek.
- Teen Wolf (MTV): Panel will feature Tyler Posey, Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Crystal Reed, Holland Roden, Daniel Sharmanand new stars Max and Charlie Carver joining EP Jeff Davis. Expect to see a new trailer.
FRIDAY, JULY 19
- Almost Human (Fox): Panel with stars Karl Urban and Michael Ealy joined by EP J.H. Wyman.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS): Writers Steve Molaro and Bill Prady take fans behind the scenes in a panel "filled with debate and discussion" -- and special surprises.
- Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (ABC): Panel to include Joss Whedon, Marvel's head of TV Jeph Loeb and additional special guests.
- Banshee (Cinemax): Panelists TBD.
- Sleepy Hollow (Fox): EPs Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci (Fringe) and Len Wiseman will unveil the new project with an exclusive, world-premiere screening of the pilot, followed by a Q&A with fans featuring series leads Tom Mison and Nicole Beharie.
- The Following (Fox): Stars Kevin Bacon, Shawn Ashmore and Valorie Curry join EPs Kevin Williamson and Marcos Siega on the panel.
- Nikita (CW): The series makes its final trip to Comic-Con with stars Maggie Q, Shane West, Lyndsy Fonseca, Aaron Stanford, Melinda Clarke, Devon Sawa and Noah Bean joined by EP Craig Silverstein.
- The 100 (CW): Stars Eliza Taylor, Thomas McDonell, Marie Averopoulos and Henry Ian Cusick join EPs Matthew Miller and Jason Rothenberg.
- Bones (Fox): Creator/EP Hart Hanson, EP Stephen Nathan and star David Boreanaz all return with unseen footage and a Q&A session.
- Bob's Burgers (Fox): The entire cast, featuring H. Jon Benjamin, Dan Mintz, Eugene Mirman, John Roberts, Kristen Schaal and Larry Murphy, will be on hand for the screening and panel.
- Childrens Hospital (Adult Swim): Creator/star Rob Corddry and EPs David Wain and Jonathan Stern join co-stars Lake Bell, Erinn Hayes, Ken Marino and Rob Huebel for a sneak peek at season five.
- Brickleberry (Comedy Central): A full new episode of season two will debut with an intro from creators and EPs Waco O'Guin and Roger Black.
- The Paranormal and Extraterrestrial Squad (CWTV.com): Producers Milo Ventimiglia, Russ Cundiffand creators/stars John Dale and Michael Hobert introduce the digital series.
SATURDAY, JULY 20
- Arrow (CW): Stars Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards and Colton Haynes join EPs Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Andrew Kreisberg on the panel.
- Once Upon a Time (ABC): Panel to feature cast and producers.
- The Originals (CW): Stars Joseph Morgan, Claire Holt, Phoebe Tonkin and Charles Michael Davis join EP Julie Plec on the panel's first run at Comic-Con.
- The Vampire Diaries (CW): Comic-Con vets Nina Dobrev, Paul Wesley, Ian Somerhalder, Kat Graham and Candice Accola join EPs Julie Plec and Caroline Dries for the session.
- Person of Interest (CBS): EPs Jonathan Nolan and Greg Plagemanand cast members make their third trip to San Diego.
- Revolution (NBC): Stars from the series join EP Eric Kripke on the panel.
- The Tomorrow People (CW): Stars Robbie Amell, Mark Pellegrino and Peyton List join EPs Greg Berlanti, Phil Klemmer and Danny Cannon on the panel.
- Once Upon a Time in Wonderland (ABC): Panel to feature cast and producers.
- How I Met Your Mother (CBS): Cast members Josh Radnor, Cobie Smulders, Jason Segel, Neil Patrick Harris and Alyson Hannigan join the EPs for their first-ever panel.
- Futurama (Comedy Central): Most of the voice cast from the series will be on hand to discuss the resurrected (and re-canceled) cartoon and introduce scenes from the upcoming "Last Episode Ever."
- The Simpsons (Fox): The 25-year-old cartoon promises never-before-seen footage from guest director Guillermo del Toro, among other things.
- Family Guy (Fox): A season 12 preview is on the schedule, along with Seth Green, Alex Borstein and surprise guests.
- American Dad (Fox): Will include world premiere of a song from the never-before-seen Christmas episode.
SUNDAY, JULY 21
- Supernatural: Returning to Hall H are stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, MishaCollins and Mark A. Sheppard -- as well as EPs Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer.
- Sons of Anarchy (FX): Creator Kurt Sutter and stars Charlie Hunnam, Katey Sagal, Ron Perlman, Maggie Siff, Kim Coates, Mark Boone Junior, Tommy Flanagan, Theo Rossi, Dayton Callie and Jimmy Smits are all on board for the closing-day panel.
- Beware the Batman (Cartoon Network): The Dark Knight makes his return to TV with the new animated series. Producers Glen Murakami and Mitch Watson offer a peek behind the cape.
- Teen Titans Go! (Cartoon Network): Producer Aaron Horvath joins members of the voice cast including Greg Cipes and Scott Menville for the screening and Q&A.
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Tagged : world news
Latest Photo Gallery
Editorial 09.13.14 | 12:50PM EDT
Dance practice videos give fans a glimpse at all the hard work K-Pop idols put into their tremendous performances. Check out videos from EXO, Girls' Generation,INFINITE, and more!
Buzz 09.13.14 | 11:19AM EDT
"ZOMBIE x MUSIC x DANCE - SAVE THE WORLD" is the theme of both Cross Gene's upcoming movie "ZEDD" and their latest music video "Billion Dolla"
Hot Issue 09.11.14 | 07:52PM EDT
ZE:A's Kevin Denies Nasty Nasty Is Like Trouble Maker: 'We Would Like To Show Our Own Unique Sexiness'
Though Nasty Nasy's sexy image drew inevitable comparisons to Trouble Maker when they debuted last month, ZE:A's Kevin insists that the group has their own original style.
Hot Issues 09.11.14 | 07:08AM EDT
The video brought outrage after the execution of two American journalists.