Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update To Samsung Galaxy S2; GT-I9100G Receives Software Upgrade Via SlimBean Build 8 Final ROM
By Staff Writer | August 09, 2013 05:05 AM EDT
Samsung Galaxy S2 users can now install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update.
The newest custom firmware for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update is available for GT-I9100G, alongside other devices such as Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-19300, Galaxy S2 GT-19100, Nexus 4, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 and Nexus I9250.
The final ROM for SlimBean Build 8 is released by the team of SlimROMs developers and it is based on "original Android Open Source Project (AOSP), which brings the best custom tweaks along with latest bug-fixes for stock Android firmware," as posted by International Business Times.
Some of the remarkable new features and improvements ported into the custom ROM to upgrade Samsung Galaxy S2 to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update include:
- Enhancements for the upcoming Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update
- Bug-report feature to SlimCenter
- Revamped shortcuts and buttons for Navigation Bar, Pie, Lockscreen, Notification Shortcuts
- Updated mail drivers
- Google apps update including Google Music, Play Services, etc.
If you would like to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update to Samsung Galaxy S2, there are pre-requisites that should be followed first.
- Make sure battery level of Samsung Galaxy S2 is 80% or higher
- Enable USB debugging
- Verify USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S2 installed on your PC.
- The device should be factory unlocked (not locked to a particular network carrier like AT&T, etc)
- If the Samsung Galaxy S2 gets stuck at booting or having boot loop issues, you can perform Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache several times before you rebook the device.
- Before installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, make sure to back up your data and settings first using custom recovery tool like ClockWorkMod (CWM) or TWRP. These tools create a complete image of the current setup of your Samsung Galaxy S2 GT-19100G.
For the complete instructions on how to manually install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update through the SlimBean ROM, you can visit this post.
© 2016 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Breaking News 05.24.16 | 07:30AM EDT
Breaking News 05.23.16 | 10:30AM EDT