Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update To Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100; Vanilla RootBox ROM Now Available
By Staff Writer | August 13, 2013 01:29 AM EDT
Users of Samsung Galaxy S2 can now experience new features brought by Android 4.2.2 Android Jelly Bean update.
If you want to enjoy sheer Android experience with your Samsung Galaxy S2, you can opt to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update through the Vanilla Rootbox 4.2 ROM, as reported by International Business Times. This unofficial firmware for the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update is intended for Samsung Galaxy S2, specifically with model number I9100.
What is impressive about this ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S2 is actually a mix of the best features from AOKP, CyanogenMod and Paranoid Android wrapped in a "lightweight package."
As IB Times described the custom Vanilla Rootbox v4.2 ROM, it "brings a light, fast and easy to use interface on the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware."
Some of the features and enhancements you will notice after installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on your Samsung Galaxy S2 include multi-user support, new quick settings option, new camera application, photo sphere, gesture typing, Daydream feature, Miracast display and changes to Google Now.
Some of the things to note before you install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update to your Samsung Galaxy S2 are listed below:
- Remember that the Vanilla Rootbox v4.2 ROM is only applicable to the international version of Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Check the model number of your device first by going to 'Settings' and then to 'About Phone.'
- USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy S2 should be installed on the PC properly.
- You can back up significant data and settings on your phone using custom recovery tool like ClockWorkMod (CWM) or TWRP.
- Battery level of the Galaxy S2 should be 80% or higher to prevent unwanted device shutdown because of power drainage during the process.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Your Samsung Galaxy S2 should be factory unlocked, meaning it is not locked to a certain network carrier.
You can visit this post for the step-by-step tutorial on how you can successfully install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update to your Samsung Galaxy s2 GT-I9100.
© 2016 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Concert / Event 03.31.16 | 08:40PM EDT