Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy S2; ParanoidAndroid ROM For GT-I9100 Available
By Staff Writer | September 01, 2013 12:38 PM EDT
Those who have the Samsung Galaxy S2 can now opt to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on their devices.
Like Us on Facebook
For mobile users who are adventurous enough with their Android experience, you can now install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, provided you have the Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number GT-I9100.
ParanoidAndroid is a custom firmware based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update and this unofficial release can be flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S2. Though the update was not officially released by Samsung, Paranoid Android firmware is a very famous kind of custom firmware, as a lot of Android users are using it already.
However, since it is an unofficial firmware to update Samsung Galaxy S2 devices with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, smartphone owners are advised to take extra precautions during the installation process. Those who will choose to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on their Samsung Galaxy S2 via the ParanoidAndroid are recommended to follow the step-by-step tutorial provided in this link carefully to prevent possible damage to the device caused by erroneous installation process.
But before proceeding with the actual process of installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, there are requirements that need to be satisfied first and below are some of them, as noted in the post from WCCF Tech.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Verify model number of device to see if it really bears the GT-I9100 identification.
- The device should be factory unlocked, meaning it should not be locked to a particular network carrier.
- Download and install the appropriate USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on your computer to successfully connect your mobile, allowing a smooth transferring of files, etc.
- Use custom recovery tool such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod to create a backup of important files and settings saved on your PC.
- The Samsung Galaxy S2 should have 80 percent battery level before installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. This is to avoid battery drainage which can result to an unexpected device shutdown.
Aside from the comprehensive tutorial on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update to Samsung Galaxy S2, the post from the link provided above also offers the sites where you can download the necessary drivers, files and firmware for the update process.
© 2015 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
April will see big comebacks from some of the biggest Korean acts, beginning in earnest on March 30, when both miss A and EXO release their first albums of 2015.
Oversea Event 03.30.15 | 10:49AM EDT
2NE1 leader CL made a surprise appearance at Miami’s Ultra Music Festival on Sunday during DJ Skrillex’s stage.
Comeback / Teaser / Music Video 03.29.15 | 09:38PM EDT
The singer and actor was recently released from his military service and his contract with YG Entertainment is up. Now fans are wondering what's next for Se7en and when we can expect a new album release.
Editorial 03.28.15 | 05:40AM EDT
Many tourists from all over the world visit Macau each year for it's fancy casinos, but Asia's gambling hub has a lot more excitement to offer than just that - and a lot of opportunities to hear some K-pop, too.