Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy S2; ParanoidAndroid ROM For GT-I9100 Available
By Staff Writer | September 01, 2013 12:38 PM EDT
Those who have the Samsung Galaxy S2 can now opt to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on their devices.
For mobile users who are adventurous enough with their Android experience, you can now install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, provided you have the Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number GT-I9100.
Like Us on Facebook
ParanoidAndroid is a custom firmware based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update and this unofficial release can be flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S2. Though the update was not officially released by Samsung, Paranoid Android firmware is a very famous kind of custom firmware, as a lot of Android users are using it already.
However, since it is an unofficial firmware to update Samsung Galaxy S2 devices with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, smartphone owners are advised to take extra precautions during the installation process. Those who will choose to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on their Samsung Galaxy S2 via the ParanoidAndroid are recommended to follow the step-by-step tutorial provided in this link carefully to prevent possible damage to the device caused by erroneous installation process.
But before proceeding with the actual process of installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, there are requirements that need to be satisfied first and below are some of them, as noted in the post from WCCF Tech.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Verify model number of device to see if it really bears the GT-I9100 identification.
- The device should be factory unlocked, meaning it should not be locked to a particular network carrier.
- Download and install the appropriate USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on your computer to successfully connect your mobile, allowing a smooth transferring of files, etc.
- Use custom recovery tool such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod to create a backup of important files and settings saved on your PC.
- The Samsung Galaxy S2 should have 80 percent battery level before installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. This is to avoid battery drainage which can result to an unexpected device shutdown.
Aside from the comprehensive tutorial on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update to Samsung Galaxy S2, the post from the link provided above also offers the sites where you can download the necessary drivers, files and firmware for the update process.
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Interviews 03.06.14 | 04:03AM EST
YG Entertainment's lead producer Yang Hyun Suk made a meaningful statement regarding 2NE1, saying that it's just the beginning for the girl group.
Music Show / Music Chart 03.06.14 | 04:14AM EST
SBS' "Inkigayo" is standing at a crossroads between Girls' Generation and 2NE1. The two top girl groups will both appear on the March 9th broadcast of SBS' "Inkigayo." The show's staff are thinking hard about the order of their performances, as well as who will take the ending stage.
Music Show / Music Chart 03.06.14 | 04:09AM EST
February was a month that rode the "Let It Go" wave.
Exclusive 03.04.14 | 09:45PM EST
Meet ILLAP! South Korea's Most Innovative New Rap Act Gives Their First-Ever U.S. Interview [EXCLUSIVE]
The two members of ILLAP, 22-year-old rapper Jjang-You and 21-year-old DJ-producer DOL, spoke to KpopStarz about their influences, future plans and the meaning behind their mysterious image.