Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy S2; ParanoidAndroid ROM For GT-I9100 Available
By Staff Writer | September 01, 2013 12:38 PM EDT
Those who have the Samsung Galaxy S2 can now opt to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on their devices.
Like Us on Facebook
For mobile users who are adventurous enough with their Android experience, you can now install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, provided you have the Samsung Galaxy S2 with model number GT-I9100.
ParanoidAndroid is a custom firmware based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update and this unofficial release can be flashed on your Samsung Galaxy S2. Though the update was not officially released by Samsung, Paranoid Android firmware is a very famous kind of custom firmware, as a lot of Android users are using it already.
However, since it is an unofficial firmware to update Samsung Galaxy S2 devices with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, smartphone owners are advised to take extra precautions during the installation process. Those who will choose to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update on their Samsung Galaxy S2 via the ParanoidAndroid are recommended to follow the step-by-step tutorial provided in this link carefully to prevent possible damage to the device caused by erroneous installation process.
But before proceeding with the actual process of installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, there are requirements that need to be satisfied first and below are some of them, as noted in the post from WCCF Tech.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Verify model number of device to see if it really bears the GT-I9100 identification.
- The device should be factory unlocked, meaning it should not be locked to a particular network carrier.
- Download and install the appropriate USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 on your computer to successfully connect your mobile, allowing a smooth transferring of files, etc.
- Use custom recovery tool such as TWRP or ClockWorkMod to create a backup of important files and settings saved on your PC.
- The Samsung Galaxy S2 should have 80 percent battery level before installing Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. This is to avoid battery drainage which can result to an unexpected device shutdown.
Aside from the comprehensive tutorial on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update to Samsung Galaxy S2, the post from the link provided above also offers the sites where you can download the necessary drivers, files and firmware for the update process.
© 2015 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Comeback / Teaser / Music Video 09.03.15 | 12:22PM EDT
Kim Bum Soo, IVY, Rumble Fish, Sun Woo, Han Heejun and So Jung recorded the memorial track and also appeared in the new music video.
Comeback / Teaser / Music Video 09.03.15 | 10:25AM EDT
Super Junior To Release New Album Before Military Enlistment Of Members Eunhyuk, Donghae And Siwon Later This Fall
This will be the SM Entertainment group's second major release in 2015 following their 10th anniversary special album 'Devil.'
Concert / Event 09.03.15 | 11:53AM EDT
During a recent fan meeting for the JYJ Membership Week of events, Kim Junsu revealed what he had originally wanted to name the group.
Comeback / Teaser / Music Video 09.03.15 | 11:50AM EDT
The singer took to Instagram on DMTN's fifth anniversary celebrate and encouraged his followers to be on the lookout for new stuff from the group members.