Install Official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1; 3G + Wifi Variant Receives XXCMI2 Firmware
By Staff Writer | October 09, 2013 05:36 AM EDT
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 users can now install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update on their tablets.
As reported by International Business Times, Samsung has rolled out the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note 10.1 particularly the 3G + Wi-fi version of the tablet. The Androd 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is applicable to Galaxy Note 10.1 units which bears the model number GT-N8000.
Like Us on Facebook
To verify the model number of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet, you can navigate to Settings>About Tablet > Model Number.
The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update is released through XXCMI2 firmware, which can be accessed Over-The-Air or OTA or via the Samsung KIES by Galaxy Note 10.1 users residing in Germany.
To those who are interested to install the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update, you can follow the step-by-step instructions provided on this post from IB Times.
There are pre-requisites when installing the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update through the manual process using the Odin tool. Some of them are provided below:
- Make sure you have the correct USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 installed on your PC to easily connect your Android device.
- Enable USB Debugging mode.
- The battery level of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 should be 80 percent or higher to avoid unexpected power drainage during the manual installation process.
- Use ClockWorkMod or TWRP to create a backup of all the data and settings stored on your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
- The device should be factory unlocked, meaning it is not locked to any particular carrier.
- Again, check the model number of your Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 before installing the official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. XXCMI2 firmware is only compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 having the model number N8000. Using the firmware on other units may cause permanent to the device.
Make sure to follow the steps carefully when installing official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to avoid further troubles.
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Exclusive 10.01.14 | 05:58PM EDT
Profile Of A K-Pop Fan: Why Infinite Is Definitely The Best For 15-Year-Old Filipina-Canadian Andrea Vila
"I stared listening to K-pop because it made me feel happy," says 15-year-old Infinite super fan Andrea Vila. "When I'm sad, I listen to K-pop and it makes me feel better."
Editorial 10.01.14 | 07:21AM EDT
Jessica-Kris-Sulli: 2014 Has Not Been A Good Year For SM Entertainment’s Promotional Activities [Opinion]
SM Entertainment has struggled with scandals involving Girls’ Generation Jessica, former EXO Kris, and f(x) Sulli. Is SM Entertainment on a downward spiral?
Breaking News 09.30.14 | 06:47AM EDT
One of K-Pop's longest-running acts with no changes to its line-up won't be able to boast that distinction for much longer after Jessica and SM Entertainment announced the singer will soon be leaving the group.
Issues 09.30.14 | 10:51AM EDT
In 2007, Girls' Generation debuted along with Wonder Girls and KARA. These groups were the next generation of girl groups for K-Pop after the 1st generation groups such as S.E.S and Fink.L.