Install Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Via SlimBean; GT-N7100 Gets Custom Firmware Ahead Of The Official Release
By Staff Writer | October 12, 2013 06:30 AM EDT
Like Us on Facebook
It is announced that Samsung Galaxy Note 2 will get the official Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. However, until now firmware has not been rolled out to users.
To Samsung Galaxy Note 2 users who want to experience Android 4.3 Jelly Bean already, there is a custom ROM available, courtesy of genius developers.
The Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update can be installed to Samsung Galaxy Note 2 with model number GT-N7100 using the SlimBean ROM. It is available for manual flashing. It is bloatware-free and it offers complete Android Jelly Bean features including key improvements found on Android 4.1 and 4.2.
Some of the features to get after installing SlimBean ROM with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update are:
- Bluetooth Smart
- Virtual Surround Sound
- OpenGL ES 3.0
- Project Butter
- Lock Screen Widgets
- Google Now
- Extended Quick Settings
- Real Dark theme
- SlimPie Launcher
- Built-in SlimBean ROM OTA Updater
Flashing a custom ROM can damage a device, thus, users are advised to install the update at their own risk. There are requirements that should be followed before installing the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update and it include:
- Verify model number of your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 because the custom ROM is only compatible to GT-N7100 units.
- The phablet should be factory unlocked.
- The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 needs to have at least 80 percent battery level before the installation process.
- Create a backup of data and settings stored on your device before installing Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. You can use custom recovery tools such as ClockWorkMod or TWRP.
- Install the appropriate USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on your computer to successfully connect your Android device with it.
- Enable USB debugging mode on your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 GT-N7100.
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.