Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy Ace 2; CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM Firmware Available
By Staff Writer | October 23, 2013 10:14 PM EDT
Those who have Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 may opt to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean update on their smartphone.
It is still unclear whether the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 will get the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update because of its age and its capacity to run TouchWiz UI. However, owners of the Android smartphone may decide to use CyanogenMod 10.1 firmware to experience Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update.
Like Us on Facebook
CyanogenMod 10.2, which runs the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, provides several new features such as the Google Now, Project Butter, Lock Screen Widgets and Actionable Notifications. Furthermore, as posted on International Business Times, the CM 10.2 uses Trebuchet Launcher as the default user interface with modified Linux kernel.
Below are the changelogs for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2: (grabbed from IB Times)
- Bug fix on low volume voice calls
- Fixed camcorder issue
- Boot time improved
- Fixed the 'unable to mute microphone in dialler'
- Fixed live wallpaper
- Stability fixes
But to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update successfully, there are requirements to meet first such as the following:
- Check the model number of your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. It should bear GT-I8160 as its model number. Flashing the ROM to other devices can result to undesirable consequences.
- Create a backup of all the personal information and settings stored on your Samsung Galaxy S2. You can use custom recovery tool such as ClockWorkMod.
- The battery level should be at least 50% before installing the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update to prevent power interruption during the process.
- Install the appropriate USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
Check out this post to learn the step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update via flashing of the CM 10.2 ROM. You can also access the download links from the post.
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Editorial 09.01.14 | 02:41AM EDT
2PM fans are ready to 'Go Crazy' for the group's highly anticipated comeback. Here are six reasons for everyone to get excited!
Editorial 09.01.14 | 02:02AM EDT
WINNER's Mino and Team B's Bobby are ushering in a new age of hip hop at YG. Is Mino The Next G-Dragon?
Co-ed trio COOL has made summer music since 1994 (20 years!). As our summer is winding down, why not take a stroll in past and give this old favorite a spin?