Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy Ace 2; CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM Firmware Available
By Staff Writer | October 23, 2013 10:14 PM EDT
Those who have Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 may opt to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean update on their smartphone.
Like Us on Facebook
It is still unclear whether the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 will get the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update because of its age and its capacity to run TouchWiz UI. However, owners of the Android smartphone may decide to use CyanogenMod 10.1 firmware to experience Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update.
CyanogenMod 10.2, which runs the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, provides several new features such as the Google Now, Project Butter, Lock Screen Widgets and Actionable Notifications. Furthermore, as posted on International Business Times, the CM 10.2 uses Trebuchet Launcher as the default user interface with modified Linux kernel.
Below are the changelogs for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2: (grabbed from IB Times)
- Bug fix on low volume voice calls
- Fixed camcorder issue
- Boot time improved
- Fixed the 'unable to mute microphone in dialler'
- Fixed live wallpaper
- Stability fixes
But to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update successfully, there are requirements to meet first such as the following:
- Check the model number of your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. It should bear GT-I8160 as its model number. Flashing the ROM to other devices can result to undesirable consequences.
- Create a backup of all the personal information and settings stored on your Samsung Galaxy S2. You can use custom recovery tool such as ClockWorkMod.
- The battery level should be at least 50% before installing the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update to prevent power interruption during the process.
- Install the appropriate USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
Check out this post to learn the step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update via flashing of the CM 10.2 ROM. You can also access the download links from the post.
© 2015 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Editorial 04.18.15 | 11:43AM EDT
Jessica Jung's Fashion Brand Blanc & Eclare Stands Out As One Of Most Successful Celebrity-Run Businesses In South Korea
Jessica Jung's Fashion Brand Blanc & Eclare places 6th on a list of top celebrity entrepreneurship businesses.
Oversea Event 04.17.15 | 08:28AM EDT
2NE1's CL is on an international media roll! After posing for New York based magazine Complex, the idol has now been featured in The Fader.
Comeback / Teaser / Music Video 04.17.15 | 08:46AM EDT
The five members can be seen wearing snazzy suits and slick hair in new poster and video teasers for their highly anticipated new album and world tour.
Breaking News 04.16.15 | 08:27AM EDT
Chinese outlets reported that Tao is looking to nullify his contract with his Korean record label, but SM Entertainment insists the singer is just recovering from an injury.