Install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update On Samsung Galaxy Ace 2; CyanogenMod 10.2 ROM Firmware Available
By Staff Writer | October 23, 2013 10:14 PM EDT
Those who have Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 may opt to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly bean update on their smartphone.
It is still unclear whether the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 will get the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update because of its age and its capacity to run TouchWiz UI. However, owners of the Android smartphone may decide to use CyanogenMod 10.1 firmware to experience Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update.
Like Us on Facebook
CyanogenMod 10.2, which runs the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update, provides several new features such as the Google Now, Project Butter, Lock Screen Widgets and Actionable Notifications. Furthermore, as posted on International Business Times, the CM 10.2 uses Trebuchet Launcher as the default user interface with modified Linux kernel.
Below are the changelogs for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2: (grabbed from IB Times)
- Bug fix on low volume voice calls
- Fixed camcorder issue
- Boot time improved
- Fixed the 'unable to mute microphone in dialler'
- Fixed live wallpaper
- Stability fixes
But to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update successfully, there are requirements to meet first such as the following:
- Check the model number of your Samsung Galaxy Ace 2. It should bear GT-I8160 as its model number. Flashing the ROM to other devices can result to undesirable consequences.
- Create a backup of all the personal information and settings stored on your Samsung Galaxy S2. You can use custom recovery tool such as ClockWorkMod.
- The battery level should be at least 50% before installing the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update to prevent power interruption during the process.
- Install the appropriate USB drivers for the Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 on your computer.
- Enable USB Debugging mode on your device.
Check out this post to learn the step-by-step guide on how to install Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update via flashing of the CM 10.2 ROM. You can also access the download links from the post.
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Editorial 10.02.14 | 06:45AM EDT
A look back at the songs that topped the K-Pop charts for September of 2014 including WINNER, Super Junior and Park Bo Ram.
Exclusive 10.01.14 | 05:58PM EDT
Profile Of A K-Pop Fan: Why Infinite Is Definitely The Best For 15-Year-Old Filipina-Canadian Andrea Vila
"I stared listening to K-pop because it made me feel happy," says 15-year-old Infinite super fan Andrea Vila. "When I'm sad, I listen to K-pop and it makes me feel better."
Editorial 10.01.14 | 07:21AM EDT
Jessica-Kris-Sulli: 2014 Has Not Been A Good Year For SM Entertainment’s Promotional Activities [Opinion]
SM Entertainment has struggled with scandals involving Girls’ Generation Jessica, former EXO Kris, and f(x) Sulli. Is SM Entertainment on a downward spiral?
Issues 09.30.14 | 10:51AM EDT
In 2007, Girls' Generation debuted along with Wonder Girls and KARA. These groups were the next generation of girl groups for K-Pop after the 1st generation groups such as S.E.S and Fink.L.