9 Pokemon X And Y Mysteries: Sycamore's Note, Sundial Shadow, Jaune Plaza, Parfum Palace, And More!
By Staff Writer | November 19, 2013 09:31 AM EST
Pokemon X and Y have been released, and in addition to its fun gameplay and new Pokedex, there are many hidden mysteries hidden throughout, and some remain unsolved.
Like Us on Facebook
Here is a brief list of some of the most mysterious happenings in Pokemon X and Y.
1. Professor Sycamore leaves the player a "surprise" after defeating him in battle. The surprise turns out to be a note left on the train platform in Couriway Town, but is a note seemingly written to a future Sycamore. Some have suggested that this note is an indication of a future Celebi event, involving time travel.
2. The editor-in-chief in the Lumiose City press building is gone pursuing a mythical Pokemon in the mountains. Terminus Cave is the only region in Kalos which contains a legendary Pokemon along with NPCs, and yet the editor-in-chief is nowhere to be found. Some believe the editor-in-chief is in fact in a different region entirely. A region yet to be revealed, perhaps?
3. The Sundial in Anistar City allegedly has a treasure hidden at the tip of its shadow (according to an NPC), and yet a shadow is nowhere to be found.
4. The hedges in Parfum Palace are comprised to look like Pokemon. From an aerial view, it is clear that Pyroar, Chandelure, and Solrock make up three of the four hedges. However, the fourth one is very hard to discern. Some theories include Bronzor, Rotom upside-down, or Entei, but the rumor is if the player presents all four Pokemon from the hedges that a special event will unlock.
5. Jaune Plaza in Lumiose City is oddly quiet, but after beating the game, the two ladies in the Plaza will purport that they can hear the Lava Dome Pokemon in the Plaza. The Lava Dome Pokemon is Heatran, but so far, no one has found the Pokemon inside the Plaza.
6. The train station billboard in Lumiose City has a note that says, "I'm going to go for help. Wait in the usual place." Where is the usual place?!
7. There are five meteorites in Ambrette Town in a laboratory, and meteorites typically have to do with Deoxys and its various four forms. However, since there are five meteorites here, fans think it is either addressing something else entirely, or Deoxys is getting a new form. Perhaps if you bring a Deoxys to the lab, something will happen...
8. The Strange Souvenir is an item given to you by an NPC who is a backpacker. However, the item does absolutely nothing in Pokemon X and Y. At least, not yet...
9. The Lumiose Ghost Girl has been long discussed, and it seems if the player has a Rotom in his or her party and talks to her, she will give you a Rare Candy. A very creepy event for such a simple item.
What do you think of these Pokemon X and Y mysteries?
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
OP-ED 12.18.14 | 09:35AM EST
'Dirty Vibe' Music Video Appearance Is Strategic Move For 2NE1's CL Prior To Her U.S. Debut [Opinion]
Skrillex's new music video featuring CL may be a way for the 2NE1 rapper to bridge the cultural and musical divide prior to her U.S. debut.
Hot Issue 12.17.14 | 07:16PM EST
K-Pop Crossover: Stephen Colbert Slips In Hallyu Reference During Seth Rogen Interview On 'Colbert Report' [VIDEO]
Stephen Colbert's eight-year tenure playing a conservative blowhard on "The Colbert Report" might be coming to an end on Friday, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have time for one last shout-out to the South Korean music scene.
Editorial 12.18.14 | 09:13AM EST
The highly competitive nature of the K-pop industry unfortunately means that some groups don't make it. In 2014, there were four groups we said goodbye to.
Hot Issues 12.17.14 | 07:56AM EST
After confirmation that members Lee Joon and Thunder will be leaving the group, MBLAQ will continue as a trio with plans for a new album.