2NE1 First Korean Girl Group to Hold World Tour in 10 Cities of 7 Countries
By Staff Writer | June 13, 2012 12:07 AM EDT
2NE1 will be the first Korean girl group to hold concerts overseas with the world tour titled 'New Evolution.'
Like Us on Facebook
2NE1's agency, YG Entertainment said, "2NE1 will start off their world tour at Seoul Olympic Gymnastics Stadium on July 28-29 and will hold exclusive concerts in 10 cities of 7 countries in Asia, the Americas, and Europe." Since there are a lot of locations requesting to hold concerts, YG Entertainment is planning to add more venues as the world tour proceeds.
2NE1 held their first concert last year and have been preparing for this world tour. They boosted up their confidence by successfully holding concerts in Japan with an audience of 70,000 people during their Arena Tour last year.
YG Entertainment commented, "Through the world tour, a revolutionized stage and the skills of each member will be showcased. The majority of the staff who will manage the concerts for this world tour has participated in managing concerts for global pop stars, and each member of the staff will be introduced to you soon."
Photo: YG Entertainment
© 2014 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Editorial 08.27.14 | 07:59AM EDT
SM, JYP, and YG's third generation boy groups: EXO, GOT7, and WINNER and their respective debuts. How do they measure up?
Exclusive 08.25.14 | 03:34PM EDT
Profile Of A K-Pop Fan: Girls' Generation's Algerian Fan Page Administrator Afra Bourouba On Why She's A SONE
"I can't imagine my life without them," said Girls' Generation's Algerian SONEs Facebook page administrator Afra Bourouba about her favorite K-pop group.
Features 08.25.14 | 06:21AM EDT
KARA recently made its comeback with a new member, and some fans say she looks too much like an older member of the girl group.
Scandals 08.24.14 | 11:55AM EDT
Since the police confirmed that Kim Hyun Joong's alleged girlfriend pressed charges against the SS501 leader, his talent agency responded with a new statement on August 23.