Korean Stars Who Will Surprise You With Their Love For The LGBT Community
Believe it or not, despite homosexuality being a largely taboo topic in Korea and most of Asia, there are a fair few of K-Pop idols who openly support the LGBTQIA+ community in their country and across the globe. With October being a time to celebrate awareness and the process of coming out in the gay community, what better time to check out some of the idols you wouldn't expect to show their support for equality! View the idols who feel love is love down below.
CL is one fierce and fabulous diva who many drag queens have tried to emulate. She is known for being close friends with openly gay fashion designer Jeremy Scott of Adidas.
Super Junior Heechul
Heechul of Super Junior not only loves sporting some epic drag but he loves showcasing his support as well! He is known for his statement regarding gays during an interview sayng, "I have friends who are close to Seong Hwan (a gay director). This thing called love is between two people. But if you care too much about what people say or read online, then it's really a pity. So, just don't care too much."
Girls' Generation Taeyeon
Taeyeon and the rest of Girls' Generation are supporters of the LGBTQIA+ community. Member Taeyeon, in particular, showed her love on National Coming Out Day (October 11th) with a photo of a rainbow unicorn! If you haven't seen their "Love and Girl" MV, then you are missing up.
BTS Rap Monster
Rap Monster of BTS is a supporter of many causes and gay rights are one of them! He was the composer of girl group GLAM's song "Party XXO" which sported an equal love concept and queer-oriented lyrics. Watch the MV down below!
IU has expressed her love for gay TV personality and restaurant owner Hong Suk Cheon time and time again. The two are like glue and IU has become aware of the kindness LGBT people share.
Despite the rumors of him being gay and his denial of said allegations, Jo Kwon is known as Korea's one and only male diva. He stared in a gay musical called "Priscilla" which voiced the hardships of life as a drag queen.
BoA actually showed her support for the LGBTQIA+ community by performing at the San Francisco Pride Festival!
Amber has spoken out about her beliefs and love for all people on numerous occasions. She often comments on her appearance saying people shouldn't be restricted to gender roles and also showed her support or the New Orlean's Gay Night Club shooting one year ago.
Many were surprised to see and hear about GOT7 Jackson's support for equality in love during an episode of 'We Got Married.' The handsome star questioned the cast and set by saying, "But can't guys marry guys?"
© 2018 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
- 'M Countdown' Wanna One Ranks TopJun 15, 2018 02:18 AM EDT
- UP10TION to Embark on '1st US Meet and Live Tour: Candyland' This SummerJun 11, 2018 22:05 PM EDT
Latest Photo Slide Shows
Best Moments With Kim Jong-kook, GG Magree, Bii, The Air And Joanna Dong At 22nd Asian Television Awards [PHOTOS]Jun 18, 2018 | 11:53 AM EDT
May 29, 2018 22:02 PM EDT May 29, 2018 08:22 AM EDT May 25, 2018 16:17 PM EDT
SHINee, Red Velvet And Eddy Kim Performed At Shilla Beauty Concert In Singapore; Successfully Attracts 5,000 Fans [PHOTOS]May 25, 2018 16:17 PM EDT
- Teesa Houston of KOLAJ Talks Music, K-Pop Crossovers and MoreAug 09, 2016 22:10 PM EDT
- GFriend To Hold Showcase In Singapore This SeptemberAug 09, 2016 22:03 PM EDT
- Dara Shakes Up Vietnam In Recent Visit For Penshoppe CampaignAug 06, 2016 23:46 PM EDT
- K-Pop Collaborating DJ Diplo To Bring Back Mad Decent Block Party In Brooklyn This WeekendAug 05, 2016 12:38 PM EDT
- When Disco Meets KCON: An Interview With Sultan of the Disco [EXCLUSIVE]Aug 04, 2016 21:24 PM EDT
- Pro Tips For Looking Your Best From One of Korea's Leading Beauty Experts [EXCLUSIVE]Aug 04, 2016 21:24 PM EDT
- MONSTA X Is Captivating in Concept Photos for 'Stuck'Aug 04, 2016 21:24 PM EDT