Jay Park Discusses His 'Freedom As A Rapper' on CNN Interview
Jay Park(30) has always been a talented rapper, world-renowned hip-hop singer, and producer that has gained a lot of respect from international fans. Now, the rapper proves his immense popularity in the U.S after an interview on CNN which discussed his career as a rapper and establishing his own company AOMG.
"I finally got the freedom to do what I want to do," said Jay Park during his interview. "It was really hard to sacrifice my life in Seattle and do things I did not know at all."
As many already know, Jay Park was born in the U.S.A (Seattle to be exact) and was originally a member of 2PM under JYP Entertainment when he debuted in 2008 in Korea. While there was a lot of controversy during his time in the group due to a MySpace post regarding Korean culture as being "strict and gay," Jay Park expressed, "I could not express myself as an artist much in the group system while belonging to the company. My passion became hard work and training from 10 am - 10 pm."
However, years later, Jay Park has become a successful producer of his own company AOMG which is home to many popular rappers such as Loco and Gray. Now, Jay Park has another achievement under his belt this year after signing a label contract with Jay Z. He has become the first Asian musician to be established by Jay-Z, who is also in charge of managing American pop stars including Liana, DJ Khalid, Shakira, Jay Cole and Vixen.
Before finishing the interview, Jay Park revealed his current work projects saying, "I am participating in the second season of 'Asia's Got Talent' and after the success of my last album, 'Everything You Wanted,' I plan to release a new one by next year." He also revealed his desire to work with the popular pop star Liana as well. You can find more info from the interview with CNN HERE!
© 2018 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
- Nine Muses Kyungri, a solo debut on her birthday on July 5th.Jun 22, 2018 21:28 PM EDT
- 'M Countdown' Wanna One Ranks TopJun 15, 2018 02:18 AM EDT
Latest Photo Slide Shows
Best Moments With Kim Jong-kook, GG Magree, Bii, The Air And Joanna Dong At 22nd Asian Television Awards [PHOTOS]Jun 18, 2018 | 11:53 AM EDT
May 29, 2018 22:02 PM EDT May 29, 2018 08:22 AM EDT May 25, 2018 16:17 PM EDT
SHINee, Red Velvet And Eddy Kim Performed At Shilla Beauty Concert In Singapore; Successfully Attracts 5,000 Fans [PHOTOS]May 25, 2018 16:17 PM EDT
- Teesa Houston of KOLAJ Talks Music, K-Pop Crossovers and MoreAug 09, 2016 22:10 PM EDT
- GFriend To Hold Showcase In Singapore This SeptemberAug 09, 2016 22:03 PM EDT
- Dara Shakes Up Vietnam In Recent Visit For Penshoppe CampaignAug 06, 2016 23:46 PM EDT
- K-Pop Collaborating DJ Diplo To Bring Back Mad Decent Block Party In Brooklyn This WeekendAug 05, 2016 12:38 PM EDT
- When Disco Meets KCON: An Interview With Sultan of the Disco [EXCLUSIVE]Aug 04, 2016 21:24 PM EDT
- Pro Tips For Looking Your Best From One of Korea's Leading Beauty Experts [EXCLUSIVE]Aug 04, 2016 21:24 PM EDT
- MONSTA X Is Captivating in Concept Photos for 'Stuck'Aug 04, 2016 21:24 PM EDT