Numerous boy groups, girl groups, and solo artists were selected as artists with "Best Album 2020" by Interpark.
In particular, Interpark, a Korean online retailer, named 27 albums released by various artists as "Best Album" for this year. Among several K-pop bands and Korean artists who dropped their albums amidst the pandemic, 27 albums were chosen as candidates for the first round.
The artists were selected through the selection process of sales volume analysis and professional MDs recommendation for the past 1 year, and the fierce competition continued through fan voting starting November 23 to December 14.
Intepark's Top 10 "Best Album" of 2020 Ranking Was Revealed
After approximately three weeks of the voting process, the Top 27 "Best Albums" by Interpark were finally determined. Indeed, the worldwide K-pop group BTS topped this year's list!
"Map of the Soul:7," which was released by the seven-membered group on February 27, earned 258, 973 votes. In particular, this was their third time topping the list for consecutive years since 2018. As for the second place, Stray Kids "Vol.1 Repackage-IN生(IN LIFE)" prevailed after a close battle with BTS. The group earned, 258, 358 points, losing to the global group with 615 points only.
However, as a fourth-generation group, Stray Kids prove their rising popularity, ranking behind the biggest male group in K-pop as of this era.
Meanwhile, EXO Suho, who became a solo artist with his debut album before military enlistment ranked third. "Self-Portrait," which was released last March 30, gained 54, 332 points.
This was followed by another solo artist Kang Daniel, a former Wanna One member, who came in fourth place with his second mini-album, "MAGENTA."
Meanwhile, the rising K-pop group ATEEZ amazingly ranked fifth place with their recent release in July titled, "Zero: Fever Part 1."
This is based on a solid world view and tells the story before "The Journey" to find something precious that was sung in the previously released "TREASURE" series. With images such as youth, passion, and youth, fans were able to meet the upgraded ATEEZ with various charms.
In particular, this album has special significance in that it has surpassed 230,000 first-time sales on Hanteo Chart, breaking ATEEZ's own record with a remarkable growth rate of 371 percent compared to the previous record.
On the other hand, SEVENTEEN ranked at No. 6 with "Semicolon," followed by Ha Sungwoon's third mini-album, "Twilight Zone" at No. 7, and ASTRO's "Blue Flame," at No. 8.
Moreover, Cho Min Gyu, "Forestella," and IZ*ONE's "Oneiric Diary," ranked at ninth place and tenth place, respectively.
In the list, IZ*ONE is the only girl group who was able to rank in the list.
Interpark's "Best Album 2020" Top 27
Along with the mentioned K-pop artists above, here are the other groups and artist that entered the list:
11. Schubert: The Wanderer's Fantasy & Berg, List: Piano Sonata-Jo Sung-jin [Deluxe Version]
12. Wise Doctor's Life Director's Edition OST [Kit Album] [Doctors Version]
13. Tomorrow by Together (TXT)-Dream Chapter: ETERNITY
14. Taemin (TAEMIN) Vol. 3-Never Gonna Dance Again: Act 1 [Suspect Ver.]
15. AB6IX-2ND EP [VIVID](V Ver.)
16. ONF-SPIN OFF [5th Mini Album]
17. NCT(엔시)-The 2nd Album RESONANCE Pt.1 [The Past or The Future Ver. One of them is randomly released]
18. Yerin Baek Vol. 1-Every letter I sent you. [Transparent disk]
19. Crash Landing of Love OST [2CD]
20. CIX-Hello, Strange Place [2nd Mini Album][Hello Ver.]
21. All Music in the World Vol. 11
22. Dongwan Kim-LER [Mini Album][Killer Ver.]
23. VERIVERY-FACE YOU [4th Mini Album][OFFICIAL Ver.]
24. CRAVITY (Cravity) SEASON1. [HIDEOUT: REMEMBER WHO WE ARE]
25. Green Day-Father of All
26. New Hope Club-New Hope Club
27. Kimura Takuya-Go with the Flow
For more K-Pop news and updates, keep your tabs open here at KpopStarz.
KpopStarz owns this article.
Written by Eunice Dela Cruz