Teresa And Joe Giudice Fraud Update [PHOTOS] What Fraud trial? Real Housewives Of New Jersey Stars Go Skiing Before Possible Jail Time
By Staff Writer | January 23, 2014 12:21 PM EST
Teresa and Joe Giudice Fraud Update: Teresa and Joe pretend their fraud and financial woes don't exist, taking the whole Giudice family on a pricey ski trip to spend as much quality time as a family as possible. The highly anticipated fraud case is set for April and until then Teresa and Joe Giudice are clearly not taking their freedom for granted. Soon the only selfies of Teresa and Joe will be sporting an orange jumpsuit wearing orange jumpsuits. No fancy clothes or expensive family vacations for The Real Housewives of New Jersey stars come April!
But rather then dwell on their fraud trial and scarily grim future, it's good to see Teresa and Joe happily speding time with their kids. Teresa and Joe skiied down the mountains while their children took lessons with an instructor. Being accused of 41 counts of fraud and doling out big money on lawyers fees hasn't slowed down the Giudice family from spending their illegal cash!
The family have posted many pics spending time together since the announcement of their fraud charges such as pumpkin picking for Halloween in October. The fraud trial is no laughing matter and the four small Giudice children won't have their parents for long. The feds have piles of evidence that Joe and Teresa constantly broke the law. Before the ski trip Joe, Teresa and their powerful attorneys were busy stratagizing their fraud trials to ensure that Teresa does not go to prison. Though Joe is totally screwed, Teresa may still have a chance.
Joe begged the courts for seperate trials to make sure that neither spouse can testify against the other. The couple are praying that their demand for seperate fraud trials is granted order to protect Teresa from getting thrown in jail alongside her hubby.
The RHONJ stars' strategy could possibly get Tre off, letting her remain with their four young children. Joe knows he's going down for his crimes, but Teresa still has a chance if the couple can prove she was completely clueless all along (shouldn't be too hard to prove Teresa is dumb).
Joe also asked the courts for some unusual yet wise requests (written below) He's prepared to protect Teresa and take 100% of the blame. Joe is prepared to doing everything he can for Tre's freedom.
How romantic! LOL Maybe Joe shouldn't have dragged Teresa into his life of crime in the first place. Better yet, he should not have continuously broken the law and showed it all on reality TV!
But it's possible that the separate fraud trials plus Joe and his lawyer's specific demands might be able to help his wife be cleared of all charges. Joe is trying to prove the following in order stop the feds from throwing his wife in jail:
- Teresa had no knowledge of any misrepresentation on loan and mortgage applications and lines of credit.
- Teresa was not aware that various properties and businesses were acquired in her name.
- Joe signed Teresa's name on numerous occasions without her knowledge or permission.
- Joe's former business partner signed Teresa's name on docs, as did Joe's attorney, again without her knowledge or authorization.
- And other people were aware that Teresa had not signed those docs.
Joe has also requested form the courts a list of demands. It is not known yet if the feds will give in to his demands, but they probably won't. Joe wants:
- U.S. Attorney's indictment dismissed with prejudice (translation: The case would be over forever and no further action could be taken) because the defense claims there is not one single conspiracy as the prosecution alleges.
-The charges of wire and bank fraud dismissed.
- The prosecution disclose all discovery, including any evidence of other crimes Joe has allegedly committed that will be produced at trial (like reports by any witnesses, etc.)
- The prosecution to provide access to the grand jury transcript "in order to determine whether grand jury abuses led to his indictment."
- A separate hearing to review all Real Housewives of New Jersey takes and outtakes that attorneys plan on using against him to determine their "audibility and admissibility."
(courtesy of Celebuzz)
In case you didn't know, Teresa and her husband Joe Giudice are facing a multitude of very serious charges which can result in a 50 year prison sentence each.
Below is a summary of their previous charges:
1) Mail Fraud and Wire Fraud: The indictment states that between 2001-2008, using the U.S. mail, private carriers and wire communications, they defrauded 7 different banks and mortgage lenders.
2) Bank Fraud: The indictment states 5 banks were defrauded by submitting applications with false tax returns, pay stubs, and W-2s that gave false salaries and income. In total they stole $4.5 million from various banks.
3) Loan Application Fraud: For making false statements in those bank loan applications
4) Bankruptcy Fraud: Concealment, False Oaths, False Declarations. These are 22 different counts alone. In essence, they lied to the BK courts (under oath) about their finances and they knowingly filed false documents to conceal their income. That's perjury. Tre & Joe never withdrew their bankruptcy, the courts denied their petition on suspicion of fraud.
5) Failure to Make Tax Returns: These counts are all against Joe, and claim he didn't file tax returns from 2004-2008.
Joe Giudice, whose real first name is Giuseppe, is an Italian citizen. Thus, he could face deportation if he is convicted.
Joe Giudice, 43, was released on a $500,000 bond secured by his father, Frank. Teresa Giudice, 41, was released on a $500,000 unsecured bond.
The duo also had their travel restricted to New Jersey and New York and had to surrender their passports.
The pattern of alleged fraud may have lasted a decade," U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman said.
"They're serious charges," he said.
"They are alleged to have made false statements to the bankruptcy court and the banks that lent them money," Fishman told press.
In a statement, Teresa Giudice discussed the charges.
"I support Joe and, as a wonderful husband and father, I know he wants only the best for our lovely daughters and me," she said. "I am committed to my family and intend to maintain our lives in the best way possible, which includes continuing my career. As a result, I am hopeful that we will resolve this matter with the government as quickly as possible."
DO you think Teresa should be skiing at a time like this?
© 2016 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Latest Photo Gallery
Breaking News 05.23.16 | 10:30AM EDT
Breaking News 05.23.16 | 09:36PM EDT