Android 4.4 KitKat Problems: HTC One And Moto G Users Experience Serious Battery Drain And Loss Of Signal After OS Update, How To Avoid It?
By Staff Writer | March 08, 2014 12:01 AM EST
Android 4.4 KitKat Problems: With Motorola having the strategy of becoming the first company ahead of Samsung, HTC and Sony to have its smartphones equipped with the latest version of Google Android's OS - Android 4.4 KitKat - it may have backfired as problems left and right await users particularly those who had the Moto G, which was the first one to have an upgraded OS.
The Moto G phone was released last year equipped with the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean but was quickly changed to have the KitKat that had upgrades for camera enhancements, interface tweaks, better battery life, and a few other minor changes.
This, however, didn't quite work for the phone company as hundreds of complaints were garnered in a Motorola support site saying that the upgrade was a failure for the users.
According to the complaints users filed, the KitKat upgrade had their phones, as taken from the Motorola Forums:
1. Lose mobile signal
2. Display 'No Sim' icons,
3. Fall into Airplane mode (while not displaying Airplane Icon status)
4. Mobile signal can often be recovered by swapping into and out of Airplane mode.
5. Pop-up errors about being in Airplane mode while attempting to make calls during signal problems.
6. Airplane mode observed in about phone status (while no airplane mode shown on icons)
7. Popup errors - the process "com.android.phone" has stopped
8. Not specific to individual SIM cards - multiple SIMs (cutdown/original confirmed as impacted)
9. Suggestion that it only occurs with mobile data enabled - to be investigated.
At the same time, HTC One users have been experiencing some difficulties as well with the new update and are experiencing battery drain as the main issue for them compared to signal problem with Motorola.
Some users complain about the phone automatically switching to speakerphone during calls.
"We are aware that a limited number of HTC users are experiencing difficulties with the KitKat update. As a result, all FOTA updates have been temporarily suspended. HTC is committed to providing customers with the best possible mobile experience and we are working hard to resolve the issue quickly."
Users of the Moto G and HTC One were advised to switch the Airplane Mode on and off before calls, clearing caches and hard reseting the phone, as it helped some users with the problem.
© 2016 KpopStarz. All rights reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.
Tagged : world news
Latest Photo Gallery
Concert / Event 03.31.16 | 08:40PM EDT