TVXQ Yunho will no longer act as an MC in the upcoming competition show, Mnet's "Kingdom." The idol voluntarily withdrew from his MC position due to his current controversy.
TVXQ Yunho Quits from His MC Position in Mnet's "Kingdom"
On March 24, Yunho has stepped down from being an MC in Mnet's "Kingdom." Mnet confirmed his decision through an official statement after receiving a notice from SM Entertainment.
According to Mnet, SM Entertainment told them that TVXQ Yunho has voluntarily dropped out from his MC position in "Kingdom." The male idol will not be participating in the show until the police investigation results for his current case are released.
RELATED: Police Investigates TVXQ Yunho for Violating Regulated Curfew + SM Entertainment Releases Official Statement
Mnet went on to say that they have decided to proceed with the next filming for the show with only Changmin. They concluded that they will edit the parts featuring Yunho to only show his role as a host.
Why Did TVXQ Yunho Drop Out From His MC Position in Mnet's "Kingdom"?
On March 9, the male idol was reported to be spotted staying late at night at an illegal adult entertainment establishment in Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu in Seoul last month.
It is said that TVXQ Yunho was still at the establishment with his acquaintances at midnight, which is past the business limit of 10:00 p.m.
READ MORE: TVXQ Yunho Ex-Schoolmate Who Was Once a Bully Victim Reveals How the Idol Changed His Life
Because of this, the singer, alongside his acquaintances, was under investigation for possibly breaking Korea's social distancing guidelines. In response to the news, SM Entertainment denied the part where TVXQ Yunho entered an illegal adult entertainment establishment and that there were no female employees with them at that time.
However, the company acknowledged that Yunho did fail to comply with the social distancing rules.
There were also reports stating that the TVXQ member tried to escape the establishment after the police showed up. SM Entertainment denied this issue as well and said that the male idol faithfully cooperated with the police officers. The company also stated that the male idol is deeply reflecting on his actions.
ALSO READ: TVXQ Yunho Reveals Behind-The-Scenes Photo with Red Velvet Seulgi + Watch 'Eeny Meeny' MV
Moreover, regarding Yunho's attempt to flee from the police, Korean news outlet MBC reported that a fight took place between the idol's friends and the police. This fight is said to be a way to make time for Yunho to escape the building.
However, another Korean news outlet Joongang Ilbo countered MBC's report. The news outlet stated that no physical fight happened, and the singer did not try to flee.
What can you say about the situation? Tell us in the comments!
Mnet Shares Clips of Each "Kingdom" Participants Forming their Own Crowns
Meanwhile, Mnet continues to share content related to their upcoming completion show, "Kingdom: Legendary War."
On March 20, Mnet dropped videos featuring each "Kingdom" participants. In the video, the boy groups try to create their own crowns with either their hands or the whole body.
Mnet has previously shared performance posters of the six competing groups. Also, iKON, ATEEZ, Stray Kids, BTOB, The Boyz, and SF9 have performed special stages on "M Countdown" ahead of the show's official premiere on April 1.
For more news updates about other K-Pop news, always keep your tabs open here at Kpopstarz.
Owned by Kpopstarz.
Written by Mhaliya Scott