On Thursday, Apr. 1, at 12 MN KST, K-Pop Radar updated their monthly chart to show the growth of the social media accounts of idols and K-pop groups.
BTS, NCT Taeyong, ASTRO Cha Eun Woo, and more are the male K-pop artists who gained the most Instagram followers in Mar. 2021. Keep on reading to see who also made it to the list!
BTS is the Male K-Pop Group That Gained the Most Instagram Followers in March 2021
BTS's Instagram account, @bts.bighitofficial, is the male K-pop group that gained the most followers in Mar. 2021. The Instagram account gained 1,397,218 followers in Mar. 2021, bringing their total Instagram follower count to 39,350,614.
Overall, BTS is the most followed K-pop group on the platform.
The members of BTS do not have personal Instagram accounts. Instead, Big Hit Entertainment has two Instagram accounts affiliated with BTS; the BTS Exhibition Twitter account and the "Love Myself' campaign Instagram account.
The members also do not use the BTS Instagram account themselves and are run by the company to promote BTS's activities and greet them a happy birthday.
In Feb. 2021, BTS ranked at number two on the K-Pop Radar Instagram Followers monthly chart, meaning they rose up by one place.
ASTRO Cha Eun Woo is the Male Idol That Gained the Most Instagram Followers in March 2021
Coming in at second place on the K-Pop Radar Instagram Followers monthly chart is ASTRO Cha Eun Woo.
The idol-actor gained 1,123,618 new Instagram followers, bringing his total follower tally to 19,944,559.
Cha Eun Woo has always ranked high on the K-Pop Radar Instagram charts. In 2019, he was named the "2019 Hot Instagrammer - Male" at the K-Pop Radar Year-End Chart.
In Feb. 2021, Cha Eun Woo ranked at number one on the K-Pop Radar Instagram Followers monthly chart, meaning he fell by one place.
NCT Taeyong Is a New Addition to The K-Pop Radar Instagram Followers Monthly Chart + NCT Mark Follows
Third place went to NCT and SuperM member, Taeyong. The idol gained 726,611 new followers on Instagram in Mar. 2021, bringing his final end of the month Instagram follower count to 3,427,522.
This is the first time Taeyong has appeared on the K-Pop Radar Instagram Followers chart, as his Instagram account is newly established.
Following Taeyong is fellow NCT and SuperM member, Mark, coming in at a fourth place. Mark gained 606,951 new Instagram followers in Mar. 2021. By the end of the month, Mark was reported to have a total of 3,865,068 Instagram followers.
On Feb. 2021, Mark ranked at number three on the monthly chart, meaning he fell by one spot.
These are the Top 30 Male K-Pop Artist That Gained the Most Instagram Followers in March 2021
1. BTS (1,397,218 gained)
2. ASTRO's Cha Eun Woo (1,123,618 gained)
3. NCT's Taeyong (726,611 gained)
4. NCT's Mark (606,951 gained)
5. NCT's Doyoung (566,795 gained)
6. Stray Kids (528,496 gained)
7. GOT7's Jackson (498,169 gained)
8. EXO's Kai (442,917 gained)
9. WayV's Lucas (420,185 gained)
10. SHINee's Minho (369,421 gained)
11. NCT's Jaemin (352,836 gained)
12. NCT's Jaehyun (350,640 gained)
13. WayV's Ten (344,270 gained)
14. NCT's Yuta (330,999 gained)
15. WayV's Winwin (307,458 gained)
16. SHINee's Key (306,802 gained)
17. EXO's Baekhyun (305,588 gained)
18. SHINee's Taemin (302,732 gained)
19. WayV's Yangyang (304,546 gained)
20. NCT's Johnny (288,508 gained)
21. WayV (283,784 gained)
22. WayV's Kun (278,300 gained)
23. NCT (269,859 gained)
24. Wonho (263,678 gained)
25. WayV's Xiaojun (257,798 gained)
26. WayV's Hendery (256,659 gained)
27. NCT 127 (224,586 gained)
28. GOT7's Bambam (214,509 gained)
29. EXO's Xiumin (201,071 gained)
30. SHINee's Onew (195,287 gained)
Did your favorite male K-pop idol or group make it to top 30? Tell us in the comments!
For more K-Pop news and updates, always keep your tabs open here on KpopStarz.
KpopStarz owns this article.
Written by Alexa Lewis